FLEXIBLE VINYL CHAMBERS These Flexible Glove Boxes are a simple low cost alternative to rigid glove boxes for sealed enviroments that can be purged with any inert gas through the standard Ball Valve and Pressure Relief Valve.
PVC CONSTRUCTION The glove boxes are constructed of heavy duty, flexible PVC mounted on a rigid base. Thickness ranges from 20 to 40 mils.
RELIABLE AND DURABLE All seams are radio frequency welded to produce a one piece bag that will withstand many years of service.
MANY APPLICATIONS In addition to medical laboratory applications, Coy controlled environment glove boxes have found other applications in industry due to their design and economy. These include micro welding, handling of hazardous materials, dry atmosphere, optical and electronic equipment assembly.
REDUCES OPERATOR FATIGUE The optically clear vinyl greatly increases operator vision, and the gloves do not fight back when entered, as in rigid glove boxes. In addition, there are no rigid ports to interfere with and consequently tire the operator's arms.
MODULAR DESIGN Coy glove boxes are designed to be expandable and easily modified through the many options available.
CUSTOM SIZES AND CONFIGURATIONS Special size glove boxes are available at minimal additional cost, and accessories are available to economically create special configurations.
GLOVE BOX DETAILS
- The glove box front is made of 20 mil pressed polished clear vinyl with 40 mil vinyl bottom extending 2" (51 mm) up on all sides. It is mounted on a 3/4" (19 mm) plywood base covered with a 1/4" (6 mm) foam pad and heavy vinyl. A 1" (25 mm) aluminum tubular frame supports the glove box. All glove boxes come with a large equipment entry installed opposite the entry lock. This entrance consists of a 20" (50 cm) entry cap that is taped in place after installing large equipment in the glove box.
- Glove ports, 10" x 13" oval opening (25 x 33 cm) on 19" (48 cm) centers, are constructed of a special highly flexible vinyl frosted to prevent cracking and gas leakage at bend points.
- Two 1 1/2" (38 mm) I.D. nipples are attached for electrical wiring input. (Additional nipples may be ordered at the time of purchase.)
- Also included as standard with all glove boxes, is a six receptacle electric outlet.
- Large gloves are supplied with the glove box (replacements or other sizes are available from Coy Laboratory Products).
- The latex gloves are placed over a special cuff and then placed in the permanently attached sleeves and taped in place. This system provides a means of replacing damaged gloves without affecting the atmosphere of the glove box. Additional glove ports can be ordered mounted in most positions if requested at the time of purchase.